Error messageStrict warning: Declaration of panels_views_plugin_row_fields::options_submit() should be compatible with that of views_plugin_row_fields::options_submit() in _registry_check_code() (line 3066 of /var/www/html/includes/bootstrap.inc).
The rate of childhood obesity in the United States has tripled since the 1970s. Children and teens who are obese can have significant health problems, including high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, breathing problems or trouble sleeping. They risk getting more health problems as they grow into adults.
Families struggle with this problem and require specialized assistance in helping their children first reduce weight gain, and then lose weight. Our clinic is dedicated to children and adolescents who are at risk for potentially severe medical complications from obesity. We work to improve a child’s or teen’s body weight as well as build up self-esteem.
Primary care physicians can refer patients to the Loyola Child and Adolescent Weight Management Program. A parent or caregiver must be involved in the patient’s care.
We take a multidisciplinary approach to care:
- A complete medical, nutritional, fitness and psychological evaluation
- A personalized treatment plan for every area in the child’s life that needs changes
- Outpatient visits and group visits, which can be fitted to the family’s needs
- Treatment may last months or years, depending on the level of progress and family needs
- Specific dietary plans will be provided if needed
- FDA-approved medication for weight control, if needed