You are here
What to Bring to Your Appointment - Cancer
Your doctor visit will begin with a personal interview and physical examination. Diagnostic tests such as blood tests, X-rays or scans may be ordered. Your treatment may involve medical counseling, medications and other procedures, treatments or surgery.
You should bring the following to your first appointment, as applicable:
- All medications, doses and directions, including non-prescription medications
- Copies of X-rays or other films, such as an MRI or CT, along with the physician’s interpretation
- Pathology slides and reports
- Operative reports
- Your insurance card or other coverage information
- A physician referral, if required by your health plan
- Name and address of the physician who referred you for this appointment, if applicable
- Name of your primary care physician and last date you were seen
- Written medical records, including lab and treatment information to date
It's always a good idea to discuss what to bring with the person who makes the appointment for you. You will be asked to verify insurance coverage and instructed to secure a referral from your primary care physician, if appropriate.
In the event that you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact us at (888) LUHS-888 at least 24 hours prior to your appointment so that we may offer your time to another patient.
Thank you for choosing Loyola University Health System. We look forward to serving your health care needs.