You are here
December 27, 2011
43 Loyola Physicians Named to Chicago Magazine's Top Doctors List
MAYWOOD, Ill. – Forty-three Loyola University Health System physicians have been named to Chicago magazine's annual list of Chicago's Top Doctors.
The list was compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a health-care research and information company. Castle Connolly invited all licensed physicians to nominate regionally and nationally outstanding doctors. A Castle Connolly research team, which is led by physicians, evaluated each nominee’s educational and professional experience before selecting the finalists for the list.
The list is included in the January, 2012 issue of Chicago magazine, on newsstands now.
Here are the full-time Loyola physicians on the Top Doctors list:
- Cardiac electrophysiology: Dr. David Wilber
- Cardiovascular disease: Dr. Alain Heroux, Dr. John Moran
- Child & adolescent psychiatry: Dr. Mary Lou Guttierrez
- Endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism: Dr. Mary Ann Emanuele
- Gynecologic oncology: Dr. Ronald Potkul, Dr. Donna Smith
- Hand surgery: Dr. Michael Bednar, Dr. Randipsingh Bindra, Dr. Terry Light
- Hematology: Dr. Sucha Nand, Dr. Patrick Stiff
- Infectious disease: Dr. David Hecht, Dr. J. Paul O'Keefe
- Maternal and fetal medicine: Dr. Richard Besinger
- Medical oncology: Dr. Kathy Albain, Dr. Joseph Clark, Dr. Ellen Gaynor
- Neonatal-perinatal medicine: Dr. Jonathan Muraskas
- Neurological surgery: Dr. Douglas Anderson, Dr. Russ Nockels
- Ophthalmology: Dr. James McDonnell
- Orthopaedic surgery: Dr. Michael Pinzur
- Otolaryngology: Dr. Andrew Hotaling, Dr. John Leonetti, Dr. James Stankiewicz
- Pediatric cardiology: Dr. Joel Hardin
- Pediatric Hematology-oncology: Dr. Ricarchito Manera
- Pediatric surgery: Dr. Loretto Glynn
- Plastic surgery: Dr. Victor Cimino
- Pulmonary disease: Dr. Patrick Fahey
- Radiation oncology: Dr. Bahman Emami
- Rheumatology: Dr. Elaine Adams
- Surgery: Dr. Gerard Aranha, Dr. Richard Gamelli
- Thoracic surgery: Dr. Mamdouh Bakhos, Dr. Robert Love, Dr. Jeffrey Schwartz
- Urology: Dr. Robert Flanigan
Four doctors with part-time Loyola affiliations are on the list: Dr. Deborah Couch (addiction psychiatry); Dr. Thomas John (ophthalmology); Dr. James Berman (pediatric gastroenterology) and Dr. Meike Uhler (reproductive endocrinology).
Also on the list, for cardiovascular disease, is Dr. Lloyd Klein of Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, which is part of the Loyola system.
Loyola University Health System (LUHS) is a member of Trinity Health. Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, LUHS is a quaternary care system with a 61-acre main medical center campus, the 36-acre Gottlieb Memorial Hospital campus and more than 30 primary and specialty care facilities in Cook, Will and DuPage counties. The medical center campus is conveniently located in Maywood, 13 miles west of the Chicago Loop and 8 miles east of Oak Brook, Ill. The heart of the medical center campus is a 559-licensed-bed hospital that houses a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Burn Center and the Ronald McDonald® Children's Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center. Also on campus are the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola Outpatient Center, Center for Heart & Vascular Medicine and Loyola Oral Health Center as well as the LUC Stritch School of Medicine, the LUC Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and the Loyola Center for Fitness. Loyola's Gottlieb campus in Melrose Park includes the 255-licensed-bed community hospital, the Professional Office Building housing 150 private practice clinics, the Adult Day Care, the Gottlieb Center for Fitness, Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care and the Loyola Cancer Care & Research at the Marjorie G. Weinberg Cancer Center at Melrose Park.