Hepatology & Liver Disease
The mission of the Division of Hepatology is to advance patient care, science and education in liver disease. To achieve these goals we are committed to provide:
- Outstanding, personalized patient care
- Breakthroughs in laboratory and clinical research regarding the causes, prevention and treatment of liver diseases
- Excellence in teaching, training clinicians and scientists in patient care and research in liver disease
Loyola’s Hepatology Program has earned a national reputation for excellent care. Our hepatologists, or liver disease experts, are leaders in their field and board certified in gastroenterology and hepatology, as well as transplant hepatology. Our group specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all forms of acute and chronic liver disease.
Our specialists have developed effective, nationally recognized treatment plans for hard-to-treat and advanced cases of hepatitis B, hepatitis C and hepatocellular carcinoma. Additionally, the team is skilled in treating all aspects of liver disease, including cholestatis, autoimmune hepatitis, alcohol-induced liver injury and acute liver failure.
Research That’s Shaping Tomorrow
Our hepatology team is always breaking new ground. Our program’s research expertise includes treatment options for liver transplantation, hepatitis C and B, liver cancer and fatty liver disease.
For Referring Physicians
Input from referring physicians is vital to the healing process. To refer a patient, please call 85-LiverDoc (855-483-7362). Also, please check out our secure health information portal LoyolaConnect.
Loyola Hepatology Clinics
- Loyola University Medical Center
- Loyola Center for Health at Burr Ridge
- Loyola Center for Health at Elmhurst
- Loyola Center for Health at Gottlieb
- Loyola Center for Health at Homer Glen
- Loyola Center for Health at Park Ridge
- Loyola Hepatology Clinic - Mercy Medical at Dearborn Station
- Loyola Hepatology Clinic in Chinatown
- Loyola Hepatology Clinic in Moline
- Loyola Hepatology Clinic in Peoria
- Loyola Hepatology Clinic in Rockford