You are here
Osteoporosis & Metabolic Bone Disease Center
The Osteoporosis & Metabolic Bone Disease Center provides a multidisciplinary approach to the evaluation and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone diseases, such as Paget's disease, osteomalacia, hyperparathyroidism, vitamin D deficiency, and calcium and other mineral disorders. Osteoporosis represents the majority of our cases.
With numerous specialists on staff, the center takes a global approach to preventing, treating and studying bone disease. One of our objectives is to educate patients and the community about osteoporosis. Since many women with osteoporosis do not even know they have the disease, it is important to know who is at risk, what the symptoms are and how to take preventive measures.
Physicians at the center have extensive experience with tailoring medication and using high-tech treatments to prevent additional bone loss and promote new bone growth.
- Medical evaluation and treatment
- Dietary evaluation and advice
- Osteoporosis screening
- Participation in clinical trials
- Referral to a physiatrist or physical therapist
- Referral to orthopaedic surgeons for treatment of fractures
- Continuing medical education programs (CME) for physicians