- Loyola University Health System (LUHS) is now among the 5 percent of health-care organizations with the elite Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). This designation indicates that LUHS represents the highest standards for nursing excellence and quality of care for our patients. At Loyola, these standards create an environment that encourages innovation, embraces diversity, respects life and values human dignity while providing first-rate clinical care, education and research.
This comprehensive approach to care affords our patients the best possible outcomes.
- Loyola's acute rehabilitation unit is accredited by CARF International.
Access to Health-care Research
Every year, Loyola physicians conduct clinical research on new treatments that may prove ground-breaking for breast cancer, osteoporosis, bladder control and dozens of other conditions. You may qualify to take part in this research and have access to medications or procedures that are not yet available to the general population. Even if you do not participate in a trial, you will be cared for by a team of specialists that has the most current knowledge of treatment developments in these specialties.
Loyola's medical center campus in Maywood, Ill., features highly specialized obstetric facilities, including:
- Level III Perinatal Center - cares for women experiencing high-risk pregnancies and offers the only dedicated obstetric critical care unit in the Chicago area.
- Childbirth Center - features a modern, home-like setting with fully equipped labor, delivery and recovery rooms, plus nearby surgical suites for Caesarean deliveries.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - considered a national model, with a survival rate that is among the best in the country. The unit's integrated home care program was the first of its kind in the United States.
- Level I Trauma Center - offers trauma services for pregnant women.
Excellent Care Nearby
With many locations offering women's health services throughout the western suburbs, plus the extensive, state-of-the-art medical center campus, Loyola puts excellent care within easy reach. Many of our general obstetrics and gynecology services are located at our Gottlieb campus in Melrose Park so that we can offer you all the comforts of a community hospital with Loyola’s high-level care. Additionally, our experienced perinatologists who have advanced maternal-fetal medicine training offer full-service consultations at our Gottlieb campus.
Care for the Whole Woman
With a variety of well-woman programs, support groups and special services aimed at complex problems, such as breast cancer, Loyola's Women's Health Services serves the whole woman - her physical, psychological and emotional needs - especially at times of change or crisis.