COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update: Learn More About Loyola Medicine Care During COVID-19.
Loyola Medicine is currently vaccinating patients in phases 1a, 1b and 1c. Vaccine supply is extremely limited at this time. It will take time to vaccinate those who are eligible.
When can I get the vaccine?
Supplies are based upon when the state delivers vaccines to Loyola and other vaccine centers. Eligibility is determined by the prioritization outlined below.
COVID-19 Vaccine Prioritization Groups (State of Illinois)
|Phase||Groups recommended for vaccination|
|1a||Health care personnel
Long-term care facility residents
|1b||Frontline essential workers
Persons ages 65 years and older
Persons with certain high-risk conditions
|1c||All other essential workers and individuals age 16-64 with underlying medical conditions|
|2||All people aged 16 years and older not in Phase 1, who are recommended for vaccination|
As the vaccine becomes available to more people, we will share the information broadly through various channels. The best way to stay informed and schedule your vaccine as soon as possible is through myLoyola.
You can also register with the Cook County Department of Public Health.
You can download step-by-step instructions for scheduling your vaccine appointment through myLoyola.
Am I eligible for the vaccine?
FRONTLINE HEALTH CARE WORKERS
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY RESIDENTS AND STAFF
FRONTLINE ESSENTIAL WORKERS
Including, but not limited to, the following occupations:
- First responders: Fire, law enforcement, 911 workers, security personnel, school officers
- Education: Teachers, principals, student support, student aids, day care workers
- Food and agriculture: Processing, plants, veterinary health, livestock services, animal care
- Manufacturing: Individual production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufacturers
- Corrections workers and inmates: Jail officers, juvenile facility staff, workers providing in-person support, inmates
- USPS workers
- Public transit workers: Flight crew, bus drivers, train conductors, taxi drivers, para-transit drivers, in-person support, ride-sharing services
- Grocery store workers: Baggers, cashiers, stockers, pickup, customer service
- Shelters and day care staff: Homeless shelters, women's shelters, adult day/drop-in programs, sheltered workshops, psycho-social rehab
RESIDENTS AGE 65 AND OVER
Persons aged 16 years and older with underlying health conditions
Essential workers not recommended in phase 1b
ALL PEOPLE AGED 16 YEARS AND OLDER NOT IN PHASE 1, WHO ARE RECOMMENDED FOR VACCINATION