Comprehensive Evaluation of Cancer Risks
Loyola Medicine is proud to offer you the cancer risk assessment and prevention program, which was developed for individuals who have concerns about developing breast, gastrointestinal or ovarian cancers. The program offers a comprehensive evaluation of cancer risk, discussion of available clinical trials and recommendations for care.
You may be at risk if you fall into one of these categories:
- Women who have a history of biopsies
- Women who have increased breast density
- Women who had radiation therapy at an early age
- Women with a family history of breast, ovarian and other cancers
Loyola’s cancer risk assessment and prevention team includes medical oncologists, surgeons specializing in breast, gastrointestinal and ovarian cancers and a genetic counselor specially trained in cancer genetics.
We provide you with an individualized family history analysis, a risk assessment, genetic counseling and screening recommendations.
Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Services
If you know your risk, you can take measures to reduce it. At Loyola, you will receive the education and counseling you need, as well as access to clinical trials.
The cancer risk assessment and prevention program includes:
- Comprehensive risk assessment
- Prevention measures
- Psychological services
- Patient education
- Genetic counseling
- Physician referral services
- Access to clinical trials in prevention