- Meet Dr. Magdalena Harasimowicz, PGY3
- Hometown: I am originally from Poland but moved to the US when I was a child and grew up in Algonquin, IL.
- What Magda loves about Loyola: It's hard to name just one! My favorite thing about Loyola is the family feel. All of our residents are great to work with, everyone looks out for each other, and are always there to help and support you. Our attendings are amazing to work with and prioritize resident learning. Dr. Simpson is an excellent program director and truly cares about residents.
- Favorite activity outside of work: I'm not one to sit at home so I'm usually out and about exploring the city, especially the food scene. I am the proud owner of a small apartment jungle that continues to grow. When I am at home I like to experiment making cocktails to test on my friends.
- Loyola University Chicago Internal Medicine Residency Program
Meet our Chief Residents:
Collette Kalal, MD; Michelle Lundholm, MD; Poornima Oruganti, MD; Steve Morris, MD; Nkiru Osude, MD; and Stefanie Milner, MD with Program Director, Kevin Simpson, MD
The Unique Features of Loyola's Internal Medicine Residency
Loyola University Medical Center is a 547-bed facility with 24,000 yearly admissions. Loyola is ranked nationally in 5 Adult Specialties: Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, and Neurology & Neurosurgery,. We are recognized as high performing (top 10% in nation) in Cancer, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Geriatrics, Orthopaedics and Urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Loyola Internal Medicine residents care for an unparalleled patient population, benefit from a personalized learning environment and participate in a comprehensive research curriculum. To fully understand Loyola University's Department of Medicine, you need to visit the campus, talk with our residents and faculty, and experience the atmosphere and culture.
Our Internal Medicine Residency has many special features:
- "4+1" Scheduling System
- Expert full-time faculty truly dedicated to teaching
- Comprehensive curriculum and conference schedule
- Intern Boot Camp
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Quaternary academic medical center
- VA hospital and outpatient training
- Fully integrated EMR for outpatient and inpatient encounters
- Mock code training
- Diverse patient population (both socioeconomic and disease diversity)
- Point of Care Ultrasound Training
- Global Health Programs
- Great location minutes from downtown Chicago
- Dedicated research programs for residents
- Free board review course for PGY3 residents
- MKSAP provided for every categorical resident
- Faculty advisor program
- Annual off-site retreats for each class
- Internationally recognized transplant programs including bone marrow, cardiac, liver, pulmonary, and renal
- A commitment to diversity
- Dedicated curriculum in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Jesuit Hospital
"Loyola Medicine is committed to excellence in patient care and the education of health professionals. The people of Loyola promise patients that we go beyond the illness to treat the whole person. We also treat the human spirit."